NEW: FOOTBALL SHARE

Dana White: I don't know if we'll see Mayhem back in the UFC

MMASHARE Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews,... EMBED or link to ORIGINAL MMA VIDEO URL ONLY! next: WERDUM vs BOWNE Fight Video - UFC on FOX 11 Live Stream

Dana White: I don't know if we'll see Mayhem back in the UFC

Postby ComebackKID323 » Dec 5. 2011, 16:43

Kenny Florian future UFC HOF'er. Deal with it kiddos.

My thoughts are final so dont even bother arguing with me. Fuck how you feel.
ComebackKID323
Chael Sonnen's #1 fan
Chael Sonnen's #1 fan

Location: laughing at the morons who believe in that zombie invasion crap. hahaha

Re: Dana White: I don't know if we'll see Mayhem back in the UFC

Postby rampag3 » Dec 5. 2011, 17:36

Mayhem did have a good first round.. but gassed and he hasnt faught in so long cut him some slack you you do to all the fighters who's asses you kiss dana come on..

rampag3
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby ageezy » Dec 5. 2011, 17:38

Does Dana not like mayhem, or does hr have something against him? I say keep him and atleast give him 2 more fights.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

AV bets
1-2
ageezy
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby gbarrio » Dec 5. 2011, 17:52

Dana White is a little nutty.
"Don't think, feel!" Bruce Lee
gbarrio
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Markoray » Dec 5. 2011, 17:57

I think Dana reason " he didnt have a good performance against GSP and he definitely didnt have a good performance against Bisping" is a bit dumb. I mean the two fights were six yeas apart.

I say give Miller a fight against a guy he should beat. If he looks bad and gets beat in that fight i would say get him out of the UFC.
Last edited by Markoray on Dec 5. 2011, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira, Maurício Rua, Anderson Silva, Junior dos Santos, José Aldo, Nick Diaz, Michael Bisping, Alistair Overeem.
Markoray
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Floyduss » Dec 5. 2011, 17:59

give him a low tier fighter. feeding him to bisping straight up was a little cruel.

getting him to fight in the prelims could be better just so he gets used to the atmosphere. then again dana dosent have to do anything for him with a poor performance like that

Floyduss
CRI President
CRI President

Postby Andrew818 » Dec 5. 2011, 18:00

Dana is too emotional.He called Mayhem Vs Bisping the most lopsided fight in UFC.Did he watch Fitch Vs GSP,Sanchez Vs Penn,Velasquez Vs Rothwell,Carwin Vs JDS,Velasquez Vs Lesnar,Wiman Vs Miller,Poirier Vs Grispi,every fight Danny Downes had in the UFC.All of those were lopsided beatdowns from start to finish but this was the most lopsided fight?Come the f*ck on,I like Dana but he needs to stop talking out of his ass.Mayhem won round 1,gassed and then got a beating.It happens when you haven't fought in a long time.Funny how Dana says he really believes in ring rust but when it comes to a fighter like Mayhem,who got famous outside the UFC,he just sucks.
Last edited by Andrew818 on Dec 5. 2011, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
"You would think I would be smart enough after all these years watching MMA that I would say hey,"It's MMA, anything can happen" or "Brian Stann still has a puncher's chance"but the fact is that he has zero chance"-JJ101
Andrew818
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby chris999 » Dec 5. 2011, 18:01

mayhem was outclassed by a top ten middleweight think its pretty pointless keeping him
chris999
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby MethodMMA » Dec 5. 2011, 18:04

What was the point of Dana saying he looks at damage when he judges fights? Does he not know the criteria the judges use. lol Miller clearly won the first round. Thought it was a decent gameplan. Then all hell broke loose and he looked like an amateur.
WAR Belfort, Barboza, Belcher.
MethodMMA
Clam King
Clam King

Location: In Vitor's corner, telling him to BLITZ ROCKHOLD AND BODYBAG HIM

Postby tooljones » Dec 5. 2011, 18:12

For as much "experience" as Mr. Mayhem has he sure cannot throw a punch.

tooljones
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Metalrocker » Dec 5. 2011, 18:21

Andrew818 wrote:Dana is too emotional.He called Mayhem Vs Bisping the most lopsided fight in UFC.Did he watch Fitch Vs GSP,Sanchez Vs Penn,Velasquez Vs Rothwell,Carwin Vs JDS,Velasquez Vs Lesnar,Wiman Vs Miller,Poirier Vs Grispi,every fight Danny Downes had in the UFC.All of those were lopsided beatdowns from start to finish but this was the most lopsided fight?Come the f*ck on,I like Dana but he needs to stop talking out of his ass.Mayhem won round 1,gassed and then got a beating.It happens when you haven't fought in a long time.Funny how Dana says he really believes in ring rust but when it comes to a fighter like Mayhem,who got famous outside the UFC,he just sucks.

You know a few year ago im thinking " yea i love this Dana White guy" he amping up one of my favorite sports. Now id just wish he'd keep his mouth shut because its one contradiction after another. I'll let you in on a little secret Dana your interviews get archived and peeps can watch them over and over and can prove what a bias shit talker you are. Good post M8
Metalrocker
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby MMAnia » Dec 5. 2011, 18:23

Mayhem had PROMISING first round..doesn't mean it was a good one. Dana threw him in with the sharks on this fight. I honestly am a Jason Mayhem Miller fan but I dont feel he was ready to be thrown in with these guys such as bisping just yet. i dont want to see em' get cut though. he deserves another fight or 2
MMAnia
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Floyduss » Dec 5. 2011, 18:29

sanchez didnt get cut after getting the shit beaten out of him from bj, fitch didnt get cut after getting raped by gsp so why should mayhem get cut straight away. he deserves one more fight atleast
Floyduss
CRI President
CRI President

Postby Metalrocker » Dec 5. 2011, 18:36

MMAnia wrote:Mayhem had PROMISING first round..doesn't mean it was a good one. Dana threw him in with the sharks on this fight. I honestly am a Jason Mayhem Miller fan but I dont feel he was ready to be thrown in with these guys such as bisping just yet. i dont want to see em' get cut though. he deserves another fight or 2

Souza , Sakuruba, Shields and Kennedy couldnt carry Bispings Jock strap . Im with you m8. :roll:

Metalrocker
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby taratada » Dec 5. 2011, 18:46

He might get one more do or die fight, or get cut. This is because guys that come from other orgs with hype have a lot shorter fuse if you know what I mean. Like Santiago, came in top 10 ranked, lost to two other top 10 fighters, instant boot. UFC (implicitly) likes to take big names from other orgs, give them tough fights, have them lose, so the public gets the idea that UFC "is a whole different ballgame" or w/e cliche dana white always says.
taratada
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby $pline » Dec 5. 2011, 18:54

Metalrocker wrote:Souza , Sakuruba, Shields and Kennedy couldnt carry Bispings Jock strap . Im with you m8. :roll:

Not sure about Sakuruba, but the other three would have a good Chance at beating Bisping, Shields would wipe the mat with Bisping, and Jacare and Kennedy would do the same. :wink:
"My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.”
$pline
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby jrghetto602 » Dec 5. 2011, 18:57

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME!!! Jake shields has gotten raped twice inside the octagon and nam phan has the most boring fights ever. so why cut one of the most entertaining fighters in the sport when he clearly got gassed out.
Don't say you hate a fighter because he is "cocky" because every fighter is cocky in one way or the other. If they are Brazilian fighters then they are 10x more full of themselves.
jrghetto602
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby ComebackKID323 » Dec 5. 2011, 19:00

jrghetto602 wrote:ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME!!! Jake shields has gotten raped twice inside the octagon and nam phan has the most boring fights ever. so why cut one of the most entertaining fighters in the sport when he clearly got gassed out.

Jake Shields is a former P4P fighter, he didint necesarly get raped by GSP you tool, Nam Phan is a great fighter and last time I remember, he puts on exciting fights, troll harder. Entertaining fighters outside the cage means shit in a real sport were you also need to perform inside the cage.
Kenny Florian future UFC HOF'er. Deal with it kiddos.

My thoughts are final so dont even bother arguing with me. Fuck how you feel.
ComebackKID323
Chael Sonnen's #1 fan
Chael Sonnen's #1 fan

Location: laughing at the morons who believe in that zombie invasion crap. hahaha

Postby junglerott » Dec 5. 2011, 19:51

Damn thats crazy,,Miller dont deserve another fight or two,,but how many fighters have been getting beatdown for year after year and always seem to get another fight..
junglerott
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Floyduss » Dec 5. 2011, 19:59

the axe murderer didnt even last a round with leben, cut him too?
Floyduss
CRI President
CRI President

Postby Shugoshin » Dec 5. 2011, 20:01

One of the things I hate about the UFC and it's promotion, everything thats happening in the present or is in the near future is always the biggest fight ever, biggest event ever and things like that.
I think every fight from Brock was the "biggest" in the heavyweight division and after that it was Velasquez vs JDS it's so annoying that everything has to be hyped like that, cause for me that just fucks up the credibility of the UFC and its promoting.
Most of the time when things are overhyped they will just be disappointments...
Shugoshin
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby silentjay1 » Dec 5. 2011, 22:49

The Mayhem/Bisping fight wasn't even the most one-sided fight of the night.

The Bedford/Gaudinot fight was wayyyyyyyyyyyy more one-sided and one of the most dominant fights I've seen in a while.
silentjay1
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Andrew818 » Dec 5. 2011, 23:00

silentjay1 wrote:The Mayhem/Bisping fight wasn't even the most one-sided fight of the night.

The Bedford/Gaudinot fight was wayyyyyyyyyyyy more one-sided and one of the most dominant fights I've seen in a while.

great point
completely forgot about that
"You would think I would be smart enough after all these years watching MMA that I would say hey,"It's MMA, anything can happen" or "Brian Stann still has a puncher's chance"but the fact is that he has zero chance"-JJ101
Andrew818
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby rocky090 » Dec 5. 2011, 23:04

I wasn't a fan of Mayhem before TUF but after I really liked him after and was rooting for him but Holy Shiit that was some of the most awkward and embarrassing stand up I've ever seen this guys been doing MMA for like 10 years maybe more and that's how much your stand up has developed that's crazy. He is a tough guy and has really good jiu jitsu but i can't blame Dana for doubting him after that fight there's no way he could compete for a belt and most of the top guys at 185 and 170 would do exaclty the same thing Bisping did too him. IMO
rocky090
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby greebuh » Dec 5. 2011, 23:12

Floyd wrote:the axe murderer didnt even last a round with leben, cut him too?

Um, did you forget the Axe Murderer just whooped the shit out of and broke Cung le's nose? I think he has at least one more in him before Uncle Dana makes him retire.
greebuh
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Metalrocker » Dec 5. 2011, 23:18

$pline wrote:
Metalrocker wrote:Souza , Sakuruba, Shields and Kennedy couldnt carry Bispings Jock strap . Im with you m8. :roll:

Not sure about Sakuruba, but the other three would have a good Chance at beating Bisping, Shields would wipe the mat with Bisping, and Jacare and Kennedy would do the same. :wink:

Sakuruba = legend worldwide Bisping = legend in England. A prime Sakuruba would be a overwhelming favorite against Bisping. You back up my point that Miller was "ready" to fight Bisping.
Metalrocker
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby Floyduss » Dec 5. 2011, 23:52

greebuh wrote:
Floyd wrote:the axe murderer didnt even last a round with leben, cut him too?

Um, did you forget the Axe Murderer just whooped the shit out of and broke Cung le's nose? I think he has at least one more in him before Uncle Dana makes him retire.

sorry, sarcasm :D
Floyduss
CRI President
CRI President

Postby SakuEar » Dec 6. 2011, 00:03

Metalrocker wrote:
$pline wrote:

Sakuruba = legend worldwide Bisping = legend in England. A prime Sakuruba would be a overwhelming favorite against Bisping. You back up my point that Miller was "ready" to fight Bisping.

a prime sakuraba would be an overwhelming favorite in almost any middleweight fight right now in the whole world pretty much. he was a destroyer of worlds. unless your name is prime wandy :cry: :cry:
SakuEar
#1 Sakuraba Nuthugger
#1 Sakuraba Nuthugger

Postby jojoclown777 » Dec 6. 2011, 00:10

holy f*ck, i saw he same interview with helwani.
jojoclown777
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby jigzy » Dec 6. 2011, 00:20

I say give him one more shot. Maybe he did have a ADREN dump...I was really surpreised on how bad Mayhems striking looked though. But give him another shot. His name is out there, it will bring in $.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. H>S<T
jigzy
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Next

Return to SERIOUS MMA VIDEOS | next: WERDUM vs BOWNE