JCVD Speaks About Upcoming Kickboxing Fight - Gets Emotional

MMASHARE Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews,... EMBED or link to ORIGINAL MMA VIDEO URL ONLY! next: Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira Fight Video - UFC 172 Live Stream

Re: JCVD Speaks About Upcoming Kickboxing Fight - Gets Emotional

Postby Chris D » Nov 18. 2010, 16:05

he should pick sum as gd, he is atrting 2 look pretty old now, gd luck 2 him

@ChrisD_UK

http://www.soundcloud.com/c-dj

Iam the no1 p4p alcoholic
Chris D
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby dietofworms » Nov 18. 2010, 17:37

LOL @ this guy being undefeated. HE ONLY HAS THREE KICKBOXING MATCHES.

"I've trained myself to fight an army of men, so one guy will not defeat me." GSP
dietofworms
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Erikk » Nov 19. 2010, 03:30

Khamsing has ridiculously good technique. He clowns most of his opponents. JCVD is going to get humiliated, unless Khamsing takes pity on him.
Erikk
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby chico el bambino » Nov 19. 2010, 04:01

damn i never thought that he would fight ever again.....
WAR JCVD you are my hero
chico el bambino
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Dr Heelhook » Nov 19. 2010, 07:35

Win or lose..
I'll give you a clue. It starts with NIN and it ends your life.
Dr Heelhook
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby PrideFCfan » Nov 19. 2010, 08:01

Erikk wrote:Khamsing has ridiculously good technique. He clowns most of his opponents. JCVD is going to get humiliated, unless Khamsing takes pity on him.

Yea, cause its not like JCVD was not a former pro kickboxer himself :roll:

"Talking to Thierry Henry helped me through a rough time." - Zlatan Ibrahimovic

"when they ate the apple, i believe the second law of thermodynamics became what it is today " -Gogh
PrideFCfan
Hayvan
Hayvan

Postby Filibustero » Nov 19. 2010, 16:04

Time to die for JCVD
Filibustero
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby MMA Beast » Nov 19. 2010, 16:17

WAR JCVD!

"You Only Get One Life, There is No Sequel"
MMA Beast
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby iain2909 » Nov 19. 2010, 16:24

2:15 Van Damme laying down the moves

At the age of 12, Van Damme joined the Centre National De Karate (National Center of Karate) under the guidance of Claude Goetz in France. Van Damme trained for four years and he earned a spot in the Belgian Karate Team.
Jean-Claude made his debut in 1976, at the age of 16.[4] Competing under his birth name of Jean Claude Van Varenberg, Jean-Claude was staggered by a round-house kick thrown by Toon Van Oostrum in Brussels, Belgium.[5] Van Damme was badly stunned, but came back to knock out Van Oostrum moments later.
In 1977, at the WAKO Open International in Belgium, Jean-Claude lost a decision to fellow team mate Patrick Teugels. The experience left an impact on Claude Goetz and he felt that Jean-Claude needed more training before competing again.
After six months of intense training and sparring, Master Goetz decided to unleash his prized pupil on the European Full-Contact scene. Jean-Claude won his first tournament by scoring three knockout victories in one evening. However, in a 1978 match for the Belgium lightweight title, he again lost a decision to Patrick Teugels.[6] Once again, the loss left an impact on Claude Goetz and a few months later at Iseghem, Belgium, Van Damme came back and knocked out Emile Leibman in the first round. In 1979, Jean-Claude and the Belgium Team became European Team Champions.[7]
Next, Jean-Claude faced Sherman Bergman, a kick-boxer from Florida, USA with a long string of knockout victories. For the only time in his career, Jean-Claude was knocked to the canvas after absorbing a powerful left hook.[5] However, Jean-Claude climbed off the canvas and with a perfectly timed ax-kick, knocked Bergman out cold in 59 seconds of the first round. Van Damme ended 1979 with a stoppage of Gilberto (Gil) Diaz in one round[8].
In 1980, Jean-Claude Van Damme defeated former Great Britain karate champion Michael J. Heming. Next, Van Damme scored a knockout over France's Georges Verlugels in two rounds. After these victories, Jean-Claude caught the attention of the European martial arts community. Professional Karate Magazine publisher and editor Mike Anders, and multiple European champion Geet Lemmens tabbed Jean-Claude Van Damme as an upcoming prospect. However, Jean-Claude's ambitions now focused in the direction of acting.
Van Damme ended his fight career at the Forest National in Brussels. He knocked Patrick Teugels down and scored a first round technical knockout victory. Teugels suffered a nose injury and was unable to continue.
Following the victory, Van Damme retired from martial arts competition. However, Van Damme made a comeback in 1981. In his first match he knocked out Henk Besselman of Holland in one round, and at the 1st Journee Des Arts Martiaux, Van Damme knocked out Lenny Leikman in 3 rounds.[9] His final fight record was 20–2 (20 Knockouts), with all wins being knockouts and his two losses being by decision.[10]
Van Damme will make a return to fighting and is scheduled to fight former boxing Olympic gold-medalist Somluck Kamsing in April 2011. Various reports have named Las Vegas, USA, Macau and Russia as locations for the bout.[11] The winner of that match will face current world champion Jeffrey "The Squasher" Sun.[12] At the prospect of being the first man over the age of 50 to fight professionally, Jean-Claude Van Damme stated that "it's kind of dangerous, but life is short.

Van Damme was born in Sint-Agatha-Berchem (Brussels), Belgium, the son of Eliana and Eugène Van Varenberg, who was an accountant and owned a flower shop.[18][19] He began martial arts at the age of ten, enrolled by his father in a Shotokan karate school.[20] His styles consist of kickboxing, Shotokan karate, Muay Thai, and Taekwondo.[21] He eventually earned his black belt in karate.[22] He started lifting weights to improve his physique, which eventually led to a Mr. Belgium bodybuilding title.[3]
iain2909
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby heelmark » Nov 19. 2010, 17:02

This guy was my hero in pubescance. I had a Lionheart poster on my wall. I stuck with him through some shitty movies, then like most everyone, completely lost intrest. JCVD was his best movie since his prime. But I don't think he looks too healthy. I'm not even gonna say what I'm thinking. But shit, I hope it's just his plastic surgery aging that has him looking so drawn , gaunt and... good luck Van Damme.
I have mixed emotions here, part of me says he shouldn't be in a ring,certainly if ever, the time was a decade ago. A part of me says at least he's not trying to compete in mma. and another says I should wait to see him fight before I drop a verdict. i see a feud with Canseco if he stays around. don't mean that as a good thing.
Success would mean a resurgance of mma intrest in Ballet, much like we saw with Lyoto and Karate, and the Spider with interperative dance.LOL

heelmark
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby JohnStudd » Nov 20. 2010, 02:48

Life would be way smoother if we started with a couple do overs in reserve...

I'll be rooting for Dux!
JohnStudd
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Josh1 » Nov 20. 2010, 06:59

i think he was /IS everyones hero. Even crocop`s..

Bloodsport what a movie..
"If you never quit, You really can`t fail!"

"I've got a handful of people i would support till the end of days; thats what it means to be a fan. Otherwise you're just a bandwagon rider."
Josh1
Three time CRI champion
Three time CRI champion

Postby Erikk » Nov 20. 2010, 12:36

PrideFCfan wrote:
Erikk wrote:Khamsing has ridiculously good technique. He clowns most of his opponents. JCVD is going to get humiliated, unless Khamsing takes pity on him.

Yea, cause its not like JCVD was not a former pro kickboxer himself :roll:

Unlike JCVD, Khamsing has been active in his fighting career up until this point. I think he just retired last year. Watch some of his fights. He's on par with most worldclass fighters in his weightclass still, and he sure as hell is going to completely destroy a 50 year old ex drug addict who's not been inside a ring for 20+ years. Let's be real about this, shall we?
Erikk
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Slamataur » Nov 20. 2010, 13:14

Godspeed JCVD!

Slamataur
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

PreviousNext

Return to SERIOUS MMA VIDEOS | next: TEIXEIRA vs JONES