Dana talks about Anderson Silva's injury and Mayhem

MMASHARE Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews,... EMBED or link to ORIGINAL MMA VIDEO URL ONLY! next: Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira Fight Video - UFC 172 Live Stream

Dana talks about Anderson Silva's injury and Mayhem

Postby Axe » Dec 9. 2011, 14:29

Axe
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Re: Dana talks about Anderson Silva's injury and Mayhem

Postby phillyfan08 » Dec 9. 2011, 16:23

Damien Mai had terrible stand up u fat greasy fuk. Don Fukin king for the mma world.

phillyfan08
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby wenutz » Dec 9. 2011, 22:04

I don't think the stand up was his downfall, to gass out so early was... How could he!
wenutz
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby lilpuncher3 » Dec 10. 2011, 09:33

Lol you've been around the sport for going on ten years, you get in the cage and lets see how good your stand up is. :)
lilpuncher3
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Cinnamon » Dec 10. 2011, 11:49

lilpuncher3 wrote:Lol you've been around the sport for going on ten years, you get in the cage and lets see how good your stand up is. :)

Dana has a background in boxing. tbh, his standup is probably better than the standup that we saw from Mayhem that night.
Cinnamon
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Crazy Kraut » Dec 10. 2011, 12:02

Cinnamon wrote:
lilpuncher3 wrote:Lol you've been around the sport for going on ten years, you get in the cage and lets see how good your stand up is. :)

Dana has a background in boxing. tbh, his standup is probably better than the standup that we saw from Mayhem that night.

background in boxing? he has history of being cardio-boxing instructor... :lol:
Don't make it like he's Roy Jones Jr. :lol: :roll:
And that isn't as shitty as people makes it to be, because it's MMA not kickboxing competition. If you say Mayham has worst striking you have ever seen (going zuffa zombie) then check some other fighters.

Crazy Kraut
Made in Yugoslavia
Made in Yugoslavia

Location: Watching MMA events, hoping to see our local fighters in UFC.

Postby Cinnamon » Dec 10. 2011, 12:25

Crazy Kraut wrote:
Cinnamon wrote:

background in boxing? he has history of being cardio-boxing instructor... :lol:
Don't make it like he's Roy Jones Jr. :lol: :roll:
And that isn't as shitty as people makes it to be, because it's MMA not kickboxing competition. If you say Mayham has worst striking you have ever seen (going zuffa zombie) then check some other fighters.

You're precisely right: CARDIO boxing :lol: . And anyhow, I never said he has the worst standup I'd ever seen, I just said that the standup he brought that night, was truthfully pretty horrible. I'm sure you can find some worse stuff in that department. Paul Sass' standup is pretty much on Mayhem, and Roberto Duran's level too :lol:

Mostly though, it's just that I have a knee jerk reaction to anybody that says something like that about a critic in anything (whether or not you like Dana White, or consider him a legit critic/commentator on the state of mma). I mean seriously, OF COURSE they probably can't stand in the ring with them, that doesn't invalidate anybody's opinion by itself. that's just stupid. So I'll give you that my comment in response was pretty dumb too. It just came out. lol.
Cinnamon
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Crazy Kraut » Dec 10. 2011, 12:32

brain farts happen sometimes, to me and everybody :lol:
The part about Mayham was directed to all who jump on Danas "his standup is shit and he sux" wagon.
Yeah Danas word has a lot of power in MMA world but we musn't forget that he is UFC buisnis man first and legit MMA person second. And to be honest, i think he doesn't care if his stand up is shit or not, as long as Mayham attracts viewers it's safe to say he won't be cut. Hence, just look at Kimbos BJJ :lol: :lol:
Crazy Kraut
Made in Yugoslavia
Made in Yugoslavia

Location: Watching MMA events, hoping to see our local fighters in UFC.

Postby ProtocoL » Dec 10. 2011, 12:33

Mayhem's stand up was horrible but he was fighting Michael Bisping after all. That would be a tough fight for anyone (excluding A.Silva). Was funny how Mayhem dropped his head every time he throws a punch. Uppercut bait =P.
ProtocoL
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Cinnamon » Dec 10. 2011, 12:44

Crazy Kraut wrote:brain farts happen sometimes, to me and everybody :lol:
The part about Mayham was directed to all who jump on Danas "his standup is shit and he sux" wagon.
Yeah Danas word has a lot of power in MMA world but we musn't forget that he is UFC buisnis man first and legit MMA person second. And to be honest, i think he doesn't care if his stand up is shit or not, as long as Mayham attracts viewers it's safe to say he won't be cut. Hence, just look at Kimbos BJJ :lol: :lol:

True, but I still worry about Mayhem due to the sheer amount of times that DW has put him down in the past few days. I think he'll still get his next chance to show his abilities, but it concerns me, as Mayhem has always been one of my favorite fighters (and I can and will admit shamelessly that I found out about him through Bully Beatdown, before I got really hardcore into mma :lol: ), and as disappointed as I was about his spectacular failure, I would be more disappointed if he got cut before he got another chance. It is good though that so many people came out to say that they wanted mayhem to stay, cause a wave of tweets like that can only look like dollar signs to DW, lol

Cinnamon
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby everlast716 » Dec 11. 2011, 09:00

@Cinnamon, Are you f*cking serious? Comparing Sass' and Mayhem's standup to Roberto Duran? You sir, are a dumbass! Roberto Duran was an ex champion and a vicious puncher in his day, I honestly hope you are joking. To compare them is ridiculous.....Mma fighters have a long way to go before they have the striking prowess of the floyd's the tysons, the pacquaio's and so on...though nick diaz is blazing the trail.
everlast716
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Caption » Dec 11. 2011, 16:57

Roberto Duran also knocked out a horse once. A mule or something like that.
Caption
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Return to SERIOUS MMA VIDEOS | next: TEIXEIRA vs JONES