Cheick Kongo vs Mark Godbeer

MMASHARE Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews,... EMBED or link to ORIGINAL MMA VIDEO URL ONLY! next: Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira Fight Video - UFC 172 Live Stream

Cheick Kongo vs Mark Godbeer

Postby MS » Oct 5. 2013, 10:00

Watch Bellator 102 heavyweight tournament semifinals bout between Cheick Kongo vs Mark Godbeer Fight Video

follow us: twitter.com/mmashare - facebook.com/mmashare
MS
Admin
Admin

Re: Cheick Kongo vs Mark Godbeer

Postby dudelink » Oct 5. 2013, 13:46

nice to see two guys gassed after 5 minutes...ugh...but thanks for the post since i forgot to record

dudelink
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby jozefdestille » Oct 5. 2013, 15:34

Kongo is one of the most boring fighters at HW. Al he does is clinch against the cage.. Nice finish though
Cain, Pat Barry, Bones Jones, Glover,Anderson Silva, Pettis, Edgar,
jozefdestille
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby PooSmear » Oct 5. 2013, 16:07

jozefdestille wrote:Kongo is one of the most boring fighters at HW. Al he does is clinch against the cage.. Nice finish though

I know right all he does is clinch people and then knock them out. What a snooze fest.
I'd like a lettuce, tomato and Munster on rye
All this cheese is gonna make me cry
Gorgonzola, Provolone
Don't even get me started on this microphone.
-MCA

Im probably drunk and stuff...
PooSmear
Turd Ferguson
Turd Ferguson

Postby BrutalityAtItsBest » Oct 5. 2013, 19:04

PooSmear wrote:
jozefdestille wrote:Kongo is one of the most boring fighters at HW. Al he does is clinch against the cage.. Nice finish though

I know right all he does is clinch people and then knock them out. What a snooze fest.

lol lets be honest, Kongo has had his fair share of boring as f*ck performances... but that guys comment was definitely poorly constructed and even more poorly timed.
"My breathing techniques make me impervious to chokes" -Joe Son
BrutalityAtItsBest
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Muzio » Oct 6. 2013, 04:25

No pun or simple adorement of the epic last name of his opponent? The level of this forum really has risen, I don't like it :(

1x LW CRI loser :(
Muzio
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Dr Heelhook » Oct 6. 2013, 06:21

The guy's name is Godbeer. :-D
I'll give you a clue. It starts with NIN and it ends your life.
Dr Heelhook
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby xmirnx » Oct 6. 2013, 07:13

I liked the happy bouncing woman at 9:17. Clearly planned in advance for the randy male viewership. I applaud their effort.
xmirnx
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby jozefdestille » Oct 6. 2013, 09:36

BrutalityAtItsBest wrote:
PooSmear wrote:

lol lets be honest, Kongo has had his fair share of boring as f*ck performances... but that guys comment was definitely poorly constructed and even more poorly timed.

Why? The only thing he did in the first round was clinch him up against the fence.. You really thought it was a good fight?
Cain, Pat Barry, Bones Jones, Glover,Anderson Silva, Pettis, Edgar,
jozefdestille
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby BrutalityAtItsBest » Oct 6. 2013, 18:51

jozefdestille wrote:

Why? The only thing he did in the first round was clinch him up against the fence.. You really thought it was a good fight?

Didn't think it was that boring. Wasn't the greatest fight, but I don't mind watching clinch work. And the finish made up for a bit of a slow start. But no, I don't think it was a particularly boring fight.

"My breathing techniques make me impervious to chokes" -Joe Son
BrutalityAtItsBest
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby stoneeh » Oct 6. 2013, 21:47

Did I see Cheick Kongo GET kicked in the nuts??
Not politically correct and F*CK YOU if you object.
stoneeh
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby terra2805 » Oct 8. 2013, 15:53

You guys have to look at it from Kongo's point of view. He is primarily known as a striker but this is MMA and there's been fights a lot more boring than this one.

Also, how bad would he have looked losing his debut in Bellator to a largely unkown guy? Look what happened to Fitch. You can't blame him for playing it a little safe in his debut. It wasn't that boring a fight, it wasn't overly exciting or a slugfest but this isn't boxing. Not every fight is going to be full of excitement either. It seems that these days people complain if there's too much ground fighting, too much clinching, too much wrestling and i just don't get it tbh. Aren't all these things mixed together what makes MMA what it is? If people want nothing but rock em sock em robots maybe they should consider watching boxing or Muay Thai instead.

Once he gets a couple of wins under his belt he may go back to his striking a little more but you can't be too hard on him for playing a little safer than usual in his debut fight for a new organisation after getting cut from the UFC. I'm pleased he got the W tbh.
Nick/Nate Diaz, Anthony Pettis, Anderson Silva, Chris Weidman, BJ Penn, Cain Velasquez, Bones Jones, Michael Bisping, Conor McGregor, Dan Hardy, Paul Daley, Jimi Manuwa, Cat Zingano.....

One mans freedom fighter is a next mans terrorist...
terra2805
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby redeyeddawn » Oct 8. 2013, 18:43

terra2805 wrote:You guys have to look at it from Kongo's point of view. He is primarily known as a striker but this is MMA and there's been fights a lot more boring than this one.

Also, how bad would he have looked losing his debut in Bellator to a largely unkown guy? Look what happened to Fitch. You can't blame him for playing it a little safe in his debut. It wasn't that boring a fight, it wasn't overly exciting or a slugfest but this isn't boxing. Not every fight is going to be full of excitement either. It seems that these days people complain if there's too much ground fighting, too much clinching, too much wrestling and i just don't get it tbh. Aren't all these things mixed together what makes MMA what it is? If people want nothing but rock em sock em robots maybe they should consider watching boxing or Muay Thai instead.

Once he gets a couple of wins under his belt he may go back to his striking a little more but you can't be too hard on him for playing a little safer than usual in his debut fight for a new organisation after getting cut from the UFC. I'm pleased he got the W tbh.

He wasn't cut by the ufc. He was offered a contract and didn't sign. Probably because hes realistic and realized if he couldn't put up a good showing against roy nelson than maybe taking a step back(at the very least a temporary one) was a better idea.

The ufc didn't exactly offer him the same contract after he lost to Nelson, but there was no evidence he couldn't have renegotiated for a less stellar pay grade.
awaiting puny walter sobcheck for arm wrestling duel
redeyeddawn
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Next

Return to SERIOUS MMA VIDEOS | next: TEIXEIRA vs JONES