Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Bigfoot Silva

MMASHARE Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews,... EMBED or link to ORIGINAL MMA VIDEO URL ONLY! next: Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira Fight Video - UFC 172 Live Stream

Re: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva

Postby Waftist » Feb 4. 2013, 07:42

yodelling wrote:
zomg1 wrote: Overeem got tired from the action and what Silva landed, lost his steam and heart.

A lot of people are mistakenly thinking this. Overeem was hit by an overhand right around his ear in the dying seconds of round 2, that's what he was commenting with BigFoot before going to his corner. I'm guessing he was saying something like "you got me there".

He came back wide-eyed and not completely balanced, half-knocked out. Silva noticed it and unleashed, after seeing what happened as he was connecting the first punch, Silva could tell he was already out since the end of the 2nd and just went for the finish, not worrying about defense anymore.

Very good strategy from Silva, not going into an open battle and weathering the storm for 2 rounds, sneaking an overhand that caused an over-confident and disrespectful Overeem to stagger, going for the finish all at once once the blood was in the water, end of story. Re-watch the last seconds of the second round if you don't believe me.



This.

JDS - Minotauro - Machida - Hendo - Hunt - Barnett - Shogun - Pezao - Napao - Cruz
Edwards - Gomi - Mousasi - Massaranduba - Gustafsson - Swanson - Lawler - Wineland
Hester - Amagov - Caceres - Makdessi - Romero - Thatch - McGregor - Eye - Zingano
User avatar
Waftist
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Oct 3. 2009, 19:26
Location: Éire

Re: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva

Postby BrutalityAtItsBest » Feb 4. 2013, 10:29

Dendra wrote:
@brutalityatitsbest - I hear ya on the small/big gloves point, it does take more skill to defend in mma and I'm not here to argue on that topic since it's not necessarily my opinion anyway, just a comment I saw on ###BANNED URL### or somewhere that makes sense to me in a way that it's easier to hit a 265 HW target with mma gloves even if you have poor technique, though i.e. Bob Sapp has even worse technique than Bigfoot but in his prime he demolished some of the best K1 fighters in the history of the sport.

I've never really admired Reem's defensive capabilities - in K1 he just hid behind his huge forearms and gloves which served him as an impenetrable wall, but you can't deny his striking. I'm not a Reem fan at all because he has no heart and as it was said earlier, mostly likes to bully people he can bully, but my primary point in this topic is that people are overrating Silva after this victory as if Silva did something right - he actually didn't do anything right at all except for being a punching bag until Reem defeated himself, and he can act like it was a master plan all along, he is allowed to ride that wave to get some public attention and high profile fights - but it's not going to make him any better than he is, and he isn't top5 material or ever will be because he is just too big and sloppy to beat top guys - unless of course they decide to do something extremely idiotic, in which case hey, maybe even I could beat a guy like Reem if he lets me hit him with a chair on his head a couple of times.


I agree, regardless of glove size hitting a 265 lbs target isn't the most difficult task. But lets be real, Overeem landed very few strikes to the head on the feet because of Bigfoot moving. So it isn't that easy. But I'm not saying Bigfoot defeating Overeem was solely based off of his skills. Because I don't think Bigfoot is the more skilled fighter, I think Overeem's lack of respect left him vulnerable. And I just found it hilarious how much Overeem's striking skills were talked up by some of the people here, just to see him get knocked out by someone with very medicore striking. Just doesn't make Overeem look good. But I'm not fooled into thinking Bigfoot is this total bad ass that will take the belt. And I think in a rematch Overeem would f*ck him up because he would probably refrain from making the same rookie mistake of underestimating and disrespecting his opponent. But either way, on that night Bigfoot was the better fighter and Overeem got what he deserved. Hopefully it humbled Overeem because he has a lot of talent. He just lacks heart, a chin and isn't humble enough to reach the greatness that hes capable of reaching.

I hope Overeem stays clean, and comes back stronger and humble.

"My breathing techniques make me impervious to chokes" -Joe Son
User avatar
BrutalityAtItsBest
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: Feb 18. 2008, 22:38

Re: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Bigfoot Silva

Postby Dis E_pline » Feb 4. 2013, 11:09

Fight like a bum lose like a bum....no gameplan, no real agression, chin up hands down for two rounds, he ate a good knee at the end of the second and went downhill from there.

He proposed nothing in this fight and that's a shame cause Bigfoot is just as slow as a growing tree and that f*cking chin lacks just a crosshair with the "hit me" sticker, cormier found it and knock his ape's face out, but cormier actually fought...

Overeem have to learn his lesson from that if not he's lost for the top of the division, Bigfoot will capitalize from the momentum, gets smashed and go back in the cave where he belongs you can't be top tier with what he brings on the table, and so is Overeem regarding that fight.
If you are a good person and you work hard good things happen to you !
User avatar
Dis E_pline
CRI CHAMP 1
CRI CHAMP 1
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: May 8. 2010, 05:20
Location: Capital of Love

Re: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Bigfoot Silva

Postby Dendra » Feb 4. 2013, 11:11

Overconfidence got the best of Reem, just like it was one of the reasons behind JDS' undoing in the rematch vs Cain. That's one of the reasons why I like Cain, he is confident but he never underestimates his opponent or thinks "oh I'm going to take him down 100%". Sure you can believe in yourself, but as we've seen in this fight with Reem vs Bigfoot, no matter how good you are, if you don't utilize that advantage and respect your opponent, then there's nothing stopping a lesser fighter from defeating you.
Real mean beats fake nice on any given day.
User avatar
Dendra
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Sep 14. 2011, 11:05

Re: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Bigfoot Silva

Postby At0m2 » Feb 4. 2013, 13:09

do overeem vs nelsson next ;) i predict KO by big country in 1st..
User avatar
At0m2
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Aug 28. 2011, 06:16

Re: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva

Postby yodelling » Feb 4. 2013, 14:21

BrutalityAtItsBest wrote:(...) Hopefully it humbled Overeem because he has a lot of talent. (...) isn't humble enough to reach the greatness that hes capable of reaching.

I hope Overeem stays clean, and comes back stronger and humble. (...)


I'm not particularly a fan, but based on some of his performances from the past you could no doubt put Overeem close to top 5 P4P. BUT, like I said in another post, he was always arrogant, and enjoyed fighting more than he enjoyed winning. Then in his last 5 years stretch he seemed to have matured past it, until his sad saturday...

Anyway, he definitely lacks no heart and a chin, this is just bullshit, his downfall was always his ego, because he somehow seems to always have been aware of his talent level and hasn't been able to deal with this effectively as we've seen other champions do.

I still think his LHW frame was where the money was at, but he seems to differ, so... In any case, I still think it's possible for him to get in the mix and grab this belt. He manhandled BigFoot for 2 rounds, so let's cut the crap here. He was undefeated for FIVE FUCKIN' YEARS, now one loss in and he's already not good enough. I'm sick of these mainstream fight-booing-retard-fans chiming in to drop their ignorance around here and everywhere, this is the same as the JDS thread, but now the trolls are targeting the other possible HW contender. A resounding f*ck you to all the keyboard warriors, you know who you are ;)

Overeem was already doing this "new generation" complete MMA back in 2005 before a good number of you trolls even knew that MMA existed.
http://fightnext.com/video/RX6BXOY185U8/Vitor-Belfort-vs-Alistair-Overeem--PRIDE-2005

User avatar
yodelling
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Dec 5. 2010, 04:37

Re: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Bigfoot Silva

Postby yodelling » Feb 4. 2013, 14:25

Anyway, keep discussing how glove size influences punching accuracy and defense, this way I can tell whose opinions are worth reading and whose are just mindless drivel based on a truckload of nothing.
User avatar
yodelling
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Dec 5. 2010, 04:37

Re: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Bigfoot Silva

Postby chico el bambino » Feb 4. 2013, 14:31

Dendra wrote:Overconfidence got the best of Reem, just like it was one of the reasons behind JDS' undoing in the rematch vs Cain. That's one of the reasons why I like Cain, he is confident but he never underestimates his opponent or thinks "oh I'm going to take him down 100%". Sure you can believe in yourself, but as we've seen in this fight with Reem vs Bigfoot, no matter how good you are, if you don't utilize that advantage and respect your opponent, then there's nothing stopping a lesser fighter from defeating you.

+1 you gotta respect your opponent. Especially in the heavyweight division where one shot can change everything...
"War only in the ring. Peace on earth"
Wanderlei Silva
User avatar
chico el bambino
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 1646
Joined: Oct 6. 2009, 05:34
Location: Brazil

Re: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Bigfoot Silva

Postby jigzy » Feb 4. 2013, 14:43

Before Silva fight.
Image

Before Lesnar fight.
Image

And my favorite..Has guilty Coward cheat written all over it. Does not even look like the same person.
Image

Now tell me, you do not see the difference. He had to stop the juice leading up to the Silva fight. His performance showed and the weigh in pic showed it. No where near as cut. Thats why he did not show it off like he did in the Lesnar weigh in...What a chump. And all you Overoid fans who still cheer for this douchebag are also chumps.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. H>S<T
User avatar
jigzy
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
 
Posts: 2166
Joined: Jun 8. 2008, 20:32
Location: NYC

Re: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva

Postby Juupa » Feb 4. 2013, 14:48

yodelling wrote:
zomg1 wrote: Overeem got tired from the action and what Silva landed, lost his steam and heart.

A lot of people are mistakenly thinking this. Overeem was hit by an overhand right around his ear in the dying seconds of round 2, that's what he was commenting with BigFoot before going to his corner. I'm guessing he was saying something like "you got me there".

I'd say he was already tired at the end of the second round which lead to Silva having no trouble landing his shots. In the first round his movement kept him safe from the few attacks Silva made but when he got up at the end of the second round all that movement was gone. He stumbled around and ducked into Silva's attacks and that continued in the final round.

User avatar
Juupa
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 1706
Joined: Dec 5. 2011, 03:07
Location: THIS MACHINE

Re: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Bigfoot Silva

Postby chapfou » Feb 4. 2013, 15:13

BWAHAHAHAHAHA ! "OMG this is such a mismatch ! Overeem my superhero is going to destroy him with one hand tied in the back !" was what I read all over the internet before the fight.

That flurry he took for the TKO was just BRUTAL :twisted:

Sorry Alistair, you're not Anderson Silva or M.Ali. Keep the showboating in the gym, learn to respect your opponent skills and you'll come back stronger !
Last edited by chapfou on Feb 4. 2013, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
chapfou
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sep 23. 2007, 09:33

Re: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Bigfoot Silva

Postby Dis E_pline » Feb 4. 2013, 15:14

yodelling wrote:Anyway, keep discussing how glove size influences punching accuracy and defense, this way I can tell whose opinions are worth reading and whose are just mindless drivel based on a truckload of nothing.


I feel you man, i'm not a overeem fan myself but this shitstorm is just pure garbage. What infuriates me is the way he absolutely underpeformed in a fight where he had the speed and power to make wood work of his opponent, lack of variety lack of composure, overconfidence, for me he shat the bed.
If you are a good person and you work hard good things happen to you !
User avatar
Dis E_pline
CRI CHAMP 1
CRI CHAMP 1
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: May 8. 2010, 05:20
Location: Capital of Love

Re: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Bigfoot Silva

Postby Nycto Von Dickto » Feb 4. 2013, 15:19

jigzy wrote:Before Silva fight.
Image

Before Lesnar fight.
Image

And my favorite..Has guilty Coward cheat written all over it. Does not even look like the same person.
Image

Now tell me, you do not see the difference. He had to stop the juice leading up to the Silva fight. His performance showed and the weigh in pic showed it. No where near as cut. Thats why he did not show it off like he did in the Lesnar weigh in...What a chump. And all you Overoid fans who still cheer for this douchebag are also chumps.

You can't really be dumb enough to not realize your muscles look different when you flex different ways. The only real difference is he has a layer between his ABS and skin. If you know like... anything about body building, they don't look like they do on competition til they trim that layer a month before competition. There's no difference in his muscle structure
--------
--------
"when they ate the apple, i believe the second law of thermodynamics became what it is today"
--------
--------
User avatar
Nycto Von Dickto
The Raw Gawwwdd
The Raw Gawwwdd
 
Posts: 20987
Joined: Jun 5. 2009, 21:54
Location: He threw some fuckin... Hadouken Punch at me

Re: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Bigfoot Silva

Postby zomg1 » Feb 4. 2013, 15:35

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:
jigzy wrote:Before Silva fight.
Image

Before Lesnar fight.
Image

And my favorite..Has guilty Coward cheat written all over it. Does not even look like the same person.
Image

Now tell me, you do not see the difference. He had to stop the juice leading up to the Silva fight. His performance showed and the weigh in pic showed it. No where near as cut. Thats why he did not show it off like he did in the Lesnar weigh in...What a chump. And all you Overoid fans who still cheer for this douchebag are also chumps.

You can't really be dumb enough to not realize your muscles look different when you flex different ways. The only real difference is he has a layer between his ABS and skin. If you know like... anything about body building, they don't look like they do on competition til they trim that layer a month before competition. There's no difference in his muscle structure


Both top pics were done ON THE WEIGHT INs........ Both of them he was flexing on. And lots of people noticed a quite a different physique in the last fight. Yes it was the lack of roids. Stop being silly. No juice for him, and he becomes what he was back in Pride LHW. Good fighter but nowhere near the top.

zomg1
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP
 
Posts: 1165
Joined: Oct 25. 2007, 03:16

PreviousNext

Return to SERIOUS MMA VIDEOS | next: TEIXEIRA vs JONES

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: agenterror, Ignalius, jitsubr and 79 guests

MMASHARE

Our mission is to give MMA fans the power to share and make the world more open and connected for Mixed Martial Arts!