TUF 18 - Rant on Rousey

Share mma news from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ...

TUF 18 - Rant on Rousey

Postby out4thecount » Sep 12. 2013, 04:27

Ok, I'm pulling this thread back up after the latest episode of TUF and the latest ridiculous outbursts by Rousey.

Right now I would pay good money to see a 2 on 2 mixed match between Honda and DW vs Cyborg and Tito!

Or just any fight that would see Honda crushed

She really is a nasty hypocrite!!!! I would soooo love it if Tate beat her!!

Below - written after episode 2

What a bad loser!

Ronda Rousey is losing me as a fan after just 2 episodes! I understand being competitive and hating to lose but she acted like a spoiled brat in my opinion. Can she not just accept that her fighter lost to a better fighter on the day? Her behaviour was pathetic. Tate and her team celebrated but were respectful throughout unlike Rousey and her fighter who were cocky and disrespectful. Julianna Pena fought a great fight and dealt really well with the other team's disrespectful antics, such as the playing card thing at the weigh in and Shayna mouthing off that she was leagues above the others etc!

Before the show I had the same high respect for both fighters.

I hope Tate's team win both genders on the show and that Tate somehow beats Ronda now.

Just me or do others feel this way too?.?.?.

Last edited by out4thecount on Nov 21. 2013, 09:35, edited 2 times in total.
out4thecount
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Re: TUF EP. 2 - Rant and Spoiler***

Postby pusi34 » Sep 12. 2013, 07:23

yup! ditto!!! exactly!!!!

pusi34
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Datura » Sep 12. 2013, 07:35

I couldn't have put it any better. War Tate!
"I just want to thank GSP for giving me the credit that I like to think I deserve"
Datura
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby ohhmyGAT » Sep 12. 2013, 07:41

Was so glad that Julianna girl won :D
ohhmyGAT
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Bakke » Sep 12. 2013, 08:03

I completely agree. I do not know what has happened to Ronda. When I was first introduced to her in Strikeforce I thought she had an awesome attitude. She seemed like a chill person who was good in front of the cameras and also fun to watch fight. Ever since she joined the UFC and Dana started to be her number one fan she has changed drastically. Her attitude seems fake and she really acts like a spoiled brat, like you said. It is almost laughable how she tries so desperately to act tough and start shit for no reason. It is like she is doing a really bad Nick Diaz impersonation or something. She is just awkward to watch at this point to me.

I think Julianna will win the whole show btw. She is a beast.
On the Weidman and Gastelum hype train

Weidman kill list:

Anderson Silva
Lyoto Machida next

Champions 2015 predictions: Velasquez, Jones, Weidman, Hendricks, Pettis, Mendes, Barao, McMann, Johnson
Bakke
CRI CHAMP 2
CRI CHAMP 2

Postby Waftist » Sep 12. 2013, 08:06

1- Ronda is a spastic.
2- Shayna Baszler has deadly grappling, but her boxing is nowhere near what I thought it was. Bit of a letdown really...

JDS - Minotauro - Machida - Hendo - Hunt - Barnett - Shogun - Pezao - Napao - Cruz
Edwards - Gomi - Mousasi - Massaranduba - Gustafsson - Swanson - Lawler - Wineland
Hester - Amagov - Caceres - Makdessi - Romero - Thatch - McGregor - Eye - Zingano
Waftist
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Walt » Sep 12. 2013, 08:28

I've always not liked Ronda. I never saw the hype, truthfully. I've seen a few interviews that lost me a while back, and this just puts the icing on the cake. Actually the first episode, here she almost loses it because Tate was there. Just shut the f*ck up, Ronda. Your days are numbered, and you aren't the best in the world.
I predict that Daniel Cormier will be the UFC LHW Champion in 2015.
Walt
The Class Clown
The Class Clown

Postby Datura » Sep 12. 2013, 08:39

Waftist wrote:1- Ronda is a spastic.
2- Shayna Baszler has deadly grappling, but her boxing is nowhere near what I thought it was. Bit of a letdown really...

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
"I just want to thank GSP for giving me the credit that I like to think I deserve"
Datura
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby kindbudz » Sep 12. 2013, 08:52

maybe all the pressure builds up and turns her crazy - she used to be a nobody and now she essentially carries the success of an entire female sport on her shoulders.

however, i dont personally think she's as big a lynch pin to womens MMA as she or dana think she is. dana kinda fucked her up with his handling...calling it the ronda rousey show etc building that massive pressure, swinging from her sack so hard for all the mainstream exposure she was giving UFC
kindbudz
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Waftist » Sep 12. 2013, 08:58

Datura wrote:

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

She got caught in a rear naked choke, but I thought her wrestling and scrambles were very impressive.

JDS - Minotauro - Machida - Hendo - Hunt - Barnett - Shogun - Pezao - Napao - Cruz
Edwards - Gomi - Mousasi - Massaranduba - Gustafsson - Swanson - Lawler - Wineland
Hester - Amagov - Caceres - Makdessi - Romero - Thatch - McGregor - Eye - Zingano
Waftist
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Datura » Sep 12. 2013, 09:50

Waftist wrote:
Datura wrote:

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

She got caught in a rear naked choke, but I thought her wrestling and scrambles were very impressive.

Her take-downs were awful, she landed on the bottom too many times, her top control was ridiculous, her transitions were average. How many times did she went for a submission? 2?
Datura
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby angst » Sep 12. 2013, 10:10

rondas a d*ck, reminds me of jon jones. they're both pretenders.
great fighters but their media personalities are so contrived.

shayna's grappling in the first was amazing she looked decidedly gassed in the second which is probably why she got choked
angst
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Waftist » Sep 12. 2013, 10:12

Waftist wrote:
Datura wrote:

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Datura wrote:Her take-downs were awful, she landed on the bottom too many times, her top control was ridiculous, her transitions were average. How many times did she went for a submission? 2?

Do you dislike her??
I thought her takedowns were far from awful. Her and Julianna's boxing was awful. The grappling was not.
She only started landing on her back when she started getting limp from exhaustion.
Her top control wasn't ridiculous either. It's just harder for lighter fighters to maintain top control and her opponent defended herself well.
Her transitions were good, again, while she had energy.
The submissions attempted arguement is moot too. It's not as if there was blatantly obvious opportunities to finish the fight by submission and she didn't realise it.
Waftist
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Datura » Sep 12. 2013, 10:25

It's not that I dislike her, I just think her skills were overrated. She managed to take July down many times in the first round but wasn't able to pull shit, not even some GnP.
I think we will have to agree to disagree. :)

Datura
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Next

Return to MMA NEWS