SPOILERS:Overeem(weighted in at 242) vs Poturak

Share mma news from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ...

SPOILERS:Overeem(weighted in at 242) vs Poturak

Postby Vlimmen » Apr 3. 2010, 04:08

Alistair Overeem looked like a wrecking machine in the K-1 ring once again on Saturday, knocking out Dzevad Poturak in the first round at the K-1 World Grand Prix 2010 in Yokohama.

The knockout blow was a right knee to the jaw, but it was preceded by some good technical boxing on Overeem's part. The much smaller Poturak landed a few punches that didn't do any damage, while Overeem landed powerful punches throughout the first round, including a right hook that knocked Poturak down.

Overeem keeps a frenetic pace, and this was his sixth kickboxing match in the last 15 months -- a period during which he also found time for three MMA fights. Now he's set to return to mixed martial arts and defend his Strikeforce heavyweight title against Brett Rogers on May 15.

It's worth noting that while the muscular Overeem has mostly been defeating smaller men over the last couple of years, he was listed at 242 pounds for this fight and appears to have lost a little weight since 2009, when he typically weighed in at more than 250 pounds. He'll be the smaller man in the cage against Rogers, and that's something he's unaccustomed to.

What Overeem has grown accustomed to is bullying everyone who steps into the ring with him. That's certainly what he did to Poturak.

let the cycling talk begin :roll:

Watch with your pants off and a tub full of vaseline, what do I care you what you do in your mum's basement. "The Voice" Michael Schiavello
Vlimmen
Big friendly cookiemonster

Re: SPOILERS:Overeem(weighted in at 242) vs Poturak

Postby Keeeee » Apr 3. 2010, 04:10

roids or not at least he fights alot
that rhymed, ima badass

Keeeee
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby moose84 » Apr 3. 2010, 04:12

hmmm hes gonna be SMALLER than rogers, wonder if that will have any effect on how the fight plays out
LEATHER...ITS WHATS FOR DINNER!! --PAT MILETICH

WHO WANTS A KO FOR CHRISTMAS!! --FRANK SHAMROCK

What's everybody staring at?
They ain't never seen no nigger on a horse before.
moose84
News Pimp
News Pimp

Location: 2x CRI Champ ~XV & LX~ and 5x VIP Invitational Champ

Postby Hilt » Apr 3. 2010, 04:12

Someone find the video cus i cant.PLEASE :mrgreen:
Every Fedor Fight thread:
Josh barnett: Guys get a couple of wins and people start changing their rankings way too soon.
Hilt
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Vlimmen » Apr 3. 2010, 04:14

moose84 wrote:hmmm hes gonna be SMALLER than rogers, wonder if that will have any effect on how the fight plays out

:wink: it was obivious that he would be smaller then rogers but I expected him to be like 255 in his fight with rogers don't know if he will make that
Watch with your pants off and a tub full of vaseline, what do I care you what you do in your mum's basement. "The Voice" Michael Schiavello
Vlimmen

Postby Charlie Kelly » Apr 3. 2010, 04:17

Charlie Kelly
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Hilt » Apr 3. 2010, 04:21

Cheers for the link Charles but its still live =( no replays
Every Fedor Fight thread:
Josh barnett: Guys get a couple of wins and people start changing their rankings way too soon.
Hilt
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby decade » Apr 3. 2010, 04:29

Vlimmen wrote:
moose84 wrote:hmmm hes gonna be SMALLER than rogers, wonder if that will have any effect on how the fight plays out

:wink: it was obivious that he would be smaller then rogers but I expected him to be like 255 in his fight with rogers don't know if he will make that

hes probably cycling of the roids to come in clean for the strikeforce drug test, so could maybe even see him come in lighter around 238ish
decade
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby xyz1 » Apr 3. 2010, 09:38

242? did not expect him to lose weight, he is usually around 250 but he still looks bigger then fat rogers
xyz1

Postby mbauer094 » Apr 3. 2010, 09:58

he maybe "smaller" then rogers but really hes a lot stronger and taller, and hes better at every aspect.

mbauer094
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Emin1981 » Apr 3. 2010, 15:13

thats only 3% less than usual, this is the HW div, maybe he forgot to eat lunch before the weigh ins. Seriously my weight drops 5% after 2 hours of competitive basketball (i go from 180 to 171) ofcourse its back up to around 180 a few hours later but still, 3% isnt much
Emin1981
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Student_of_the_game » Apr 3. 2010, 15:26

Overeem is a bit taller than Rogers and I think Overeem has a higher lean body mass.

BTW how will the endless Fedor discussion go on if Overeem completely smashes Rogers?

EDIT
Smashes him in R1, since Fedor smashed him in R2.
Student_of_the_game
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Vlimmen » Apr 3. 2010, 15:36

Student_of_the_game wrote:Overeem is a bit taller than Rogers and I think Overeem has a higher lean body mass.

BTW how will the endless Fedor discussion go on if Overeem completely smashes Rogers?

EDIT
Smashes him in R1, since Fedor smashed him in R2.

overeem would be launched into the top 10 quicker then you can say cock chestnar

just found this on sherdog :lol:
The best part of the Brett Rogers War Wagon is that if a wheell falls off, he can change it faster than any other fighter in MMA.
Vlimmen

Postby Student_of_the_game » Apr 3. 2010, 15:54

The best part of the Brett Rogers War Wagon is that if a wheell falls off, he can change it faster than any other fighter in MMA.

I laughed.

Student_of_the_game
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Next

Return to MMA NEWS