Anyone See Mayhem on the MMA Hour today?

Share mma news from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ...

Anyone See Mayhem on the MMA Hour today?

Postby SakuEar » Oct 9. 2012, 01:10

Jason "Mayhem" Miller flew from Southern California to New York City to make an appearance on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour.

The planned one-hour segment was Miller's first interview in months, but it turned into something entirely different than anyone expected.

Miller showed up as his character Lucky Patrick from the upcoming movie "Here Comes the Boom," and never dropped the schtick. In a poorly acted farce, Miller stayed in character, was belligerent to host Ariel Helwani, and refused several attempts to change the subject before finally leaving the set less than 20 minutes into the show.

The show switched to a pre-taped Pat Barry video, then went off the air for several minutes, before Helwani returned and addressed the situation.

"That was interesting, and also a little bit frightening, and a little bit sad." Helwani said.

The incident was the latest in a string of bizarre behavior exhibited by the Orange County, Calif. resident since being cut by the UFC after his UFC 146 loss to CB Dollaway.

The 31-year-old Miller was arrested on Aug. 13 after being found naked in a church in Mission Viejo, Calif. Last month he appeared before an Orange County Superior Court judge and was charged with one count of misdemeanor vandalism, which carries a maximum sentence of one year in jail if convicted. He'll appear in court again Nov. 21.

Helwani saw Miller's actions as a missed opportunity to explain his recent behavior.

"I thought he was going come and use that platform to discuss what was going on over the past couple months," Helwani said. "I didn't think he'd come all the way from California to do that. And that's unfortunate because I think this could have been a good platform for him."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/8/3475598/jason-mayhem-miller-walks-out-on-the-mma-hour-after-bizarre-behavior

I have never seen anything like that. I am honestly really worried about the guy. I have been a fan for a long time, and it seems like he is having a breakdown or something. if you are a fan of his, or even if you arent, i would encourage you to watch this, and see how downhill one of the most charismatic and formerly most likeable personalities in the mma world has gone.

SakuEar
#1 Sakuraba Nuthugger
#1 Sakuraba Nuthugger

Re: Anyone See Mayhem on the MMA Hour today?

Postby SakuEar » Oct 9. 2012, 01:13

oooops. repost. sorry. feel free to delete this thread guys.

SakuEar
#1 Sakuraba Nuthugger
#1 Sakuraba Nuthugger

Postby JustAnotherMMAFan » Oct 9. 2012, 06:35

I follow Mayhem on twitter. To be honest, he has really started on a downward spiral into some sort of personality disorder since "becoming" lucky patrick for this movie. I fear he may need some stronger meds.
JustAnotherMMAFan
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Floyduss » Oct 9. 2012, 07:04

Alcoholic
'I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.' - Mike Tyson
Floyduss
CRI President
CRI President

Postby guatemmafan » Oct 9. 2012, 07:17

is so sad to see him falling so hard

to me the guy is bipolar, he has every signal of been that and he hasnt been check in for that illenesse i hope he gets help because is clear that he is not well and if he doesnt get help quickly we might see a tragedy soon
guatemmafan
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Return to MMA NEWS