Battle Field 3 demo

A corner for all of us that love technology and computer games. Comment and share information on everything related and have fun!

Re: Battle Field 3 demo

Postby milkshake » Oct 1. 2011, 23:37

smoke-em wrote:
milkshake wrote:
smoke-em wrote:thats cause theres no PC Beta

Am I missing something? Cause I'm playing the PC beta right this moment.

how'd you get that?

Just go to their website it's plastered everywhere :p

milkshake
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby reaper1988 » Oct 2. 2011, 13:31

I'm enjoying it. After a couple of games I was playing just as well as I do in BC2. There are glitches and bugs but its a Beta so that will be ironed out for the final release.

The only real problem I have are my teammates. :lol:

Also, this is only rush and on a map with no vehicles so it's not the full Battlefield experience.

"Can you fly, Bobby?"-Clarence (RoboCop)
reaper1988
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby The Black Dragon » Oct 4. 2011, 06:03

darrylwasyoung wrote:I did. Wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be. It was pretty fun, but the graphics didn't live up to the hype (then again, it is the beta version), and gameplay was just difficult to get used to. Just my opinion.

Play it on the PC, it looks way better than on the consoles. Also, the full scale destructibility is there too. Still, this is also only the pre release beta, and it's an earlier version of the engine than what is even being used in the closed beta, so the final version won't just look better, it will run better and have all of the content it's supposed to. Also, even at this point, I think it's the best looking FPS out there hands down.
"What is best in life?"

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
The Black Dragon
Das Ubermod
Das Ubermod

Postby smoke-em » Oct 4. 2011, 07:55

The Black Dragon wrote:
darrylwasyoung wrote:I did. Wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be. It was pretty fun, but the graphics didn't live up to the hype (then again, it is the beta version), and gameplay was just difficult to get used to. Just my opinion.

Play it on the PC, it looks way better than on the consoles. Also, the full scale destructibility is there too. Still, this is also only the pre release beta, and it's an earlier version of the engine than what is even being used in the closed beta, so the final version won't just look better, it will run better and have all of the content it's supposed to. Also, even at this point, I think it's the best looking FPS out there hands down.

There are a few minor glitches though that can be resolved for example sometimes the gun I use refuses to zoom in so I have to let off a round and then reload for it to work but to do that it reveals your position. Also the screen might turn blue randomly. but these arnt too much of a bother the only thing I hate is that when it starts up it says my graphics card is incompatable but I can clearly play it even in a pop up window so that message was complete bullshit
In extreme situations the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue natural justice. This is not vengeance revenge is not a valid motive it's an emotional response No not vengeance Punishment
smoke-em
The Black Knight
The Black Knight

Postby The Black Dragon » Oct 4. 2011, 08:23

smoke-em wrote:There are a few minor glitches though that can be resolved for example sometimes the gun I use refuses to zoom in so I have to let off a round and then reload for it to work but to do that it reveals your position. Also the screen might turn blue randomly. but these arnt too much of a bother the only thing I hate is that when it starts up it says my graphics card is incompatable but I can clearly play it even in a pop up window so that message was complete bullshit

I get that message too, it says my drivers aren't up to date enough, even though I updated them like a month ago rofl. Who knows, probably just a compatibility issue with the beta. It runs fine with my 5870HD on ultra settings. I'm actually surprised at how well optimized the Frostbite 2.0 engine is even in the beta stage. My buddy is still running an 8800GTX and he can run it on high settings with minimal lag. Not bad at all.
"What is best in life?"

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
The Black Dragon
Das Ubermod
Das Ubermod

Postby smoke-em » Oct 4. 2011, 10:04

The Black Dragon wrote:
smoke-em wrote:There are a few minor glitches though that can be resolved for example sometimes the gun I use refuses to zoom in so I have to let off a round and then reload for it to work but to do that it reveals your position. Also the screen might turn blue randomly. but these arnt too much of a bother the only thing I hate is that when it starts up it says my graphics card is incompatable but I can clearly play it even in a pop up window so that message was complete bullshit

I get that message too, it says my drivers aren't up to date enough, even though I updated them like a month ago rofl. Who knows, probably just a compatibility issue with the beta. It runs fine with my 5870HD on ultra settings. I'm actually surprised at how well optimized the Frostbite 2.0 engine is even in the beta stage. My buddy is still running an 8800GTX and he can run it on high settings with minimal lag. Not bad at all.

Yeah the only thing I needed was a driver update from Nvidea and im still able to run my 2 year old 275 gtx card. The map and game is awsome though I f*cking love the way the map constantly moves.

In extreme situations the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue natural justice. This is not vengeance revenge is not a valid motive it's an emotional response No not vengeance Punishment
smoke-em
The Black Knight
The Black Knight

Postby Chris D » Oct 6. 2011, 19:02

i played it for 10mins and i wasnt very good i didnt understand the engineer thing or know how to do much except get killed :D, it was my first time playing battlefield. the map seems massive as im used to playing cod, dont think i'll be buying it
@ChrisD_UK

http://www.soundcloud.com/c-dj

Iam the no1 p4p alcoholic
Chris D
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby smoke-em » Oct 7. 2011, 07:20

so large 64 player battles with vehicals are now live on the beta
smoke-em
The Black Knight
The Black Knight

Previous

Return to GAMES & TECHNOLOGY NEWS